Fleas are small flightless external parasites that live by consuming the blood of their hosts of mammals and birds. Although seeing 1 or 2 fleas may not seem like a cause of concern, adult fleas are only 5% of the population. The other 95% are eggs, larvae or pupae. The stages of a flea life cycle are so complex that getting rid of these intruders often takes several treatments over a length of time. Quick and timely treatment will help prevent against an infestation. Not only are these guys extremely itchy and unsightly, but they may cause our pets to develop skin allergies and in extreme cases, anemia. We carry several different chewable and topical flea prevention products. Our staff members will gladly help you decide which preventative is best for your cat or dog.